Peace, Love, and Joy Trifold Shaker Card
Project Description: Spread peace, love, and joy with a metallic trifold shaker card using Grafix Shrink Film, Metallic Foil Board, Artist-tac, Opaque White Craft Plastic, and Acetate.
Designed by: Nicole Head – Cut n’ Edge Crafts
Difficulty: Moderate Challenging
- Grafix Metallic Foil Board in Blue
- Grafix Metallic Shrink Film in Silver
- Grafix Artist-tac
- Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic
- Grafix Clear Acetate
- 5″x5″ Trifold Cardstock Base
- ¼” Foam Mounting Tape
- Chunky Glitter
- Strong Liquid Adhesive
- Square Die Set (Lawn Fawn ‘Outside in Stitched Square Stackable’ or similar)
- Peace and Love Stamp
- White Embossing Powder
- Alcohol Markers
- Paper Trimmer
- Heat Gun
- Die-Cutting Machine (Sizzix Big Shot or Similar)
- Cricut Cutting Machine and Christmas Shaker Card Cricut Canvas
Steps to Make This:
- Use this Cricut canvas to cut the Grafix Shrink Film and Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film. For best results, use a deep cut blade. (Tip for Cricut Users: If the film doesn’t cut all the way through, don’t eject the mat. Press the go button again and allow your machine to do another cutting pass until the film has cut all the way through.)
- Follow the instructions on the back of the Shrink Film package to shrink the film with either a heat gun or an oven. (You will use the shrink film snowflakes inside your shaker window and the ‘joy’ sentiment on the outside.)
- Trim two pieces of the Grafix Metallic Foil Board in Blue down to a 5” x 5” square.
- Use the largest square die in Lawn Fawn’s ‘Outside in Stitched Square Stackable’ die set to cut a window in one of the Metallic Blue Foil Board squares. (Tip for Cricut Users: If you don’t have a manual die cutting machine or square die that will work for steps 3 and 4 you can use the linked Cricut canvas to cut the Metallic Foil Board.)
- Trim a piece of Grafix Clear Acetate to 5” x 5” square.
- Apply Grafix Artist-tac to the back of the Metallic Foil Board frame created in step 4 and attach the frame to the Clear Acetate square.
- Use the Artist-tac to adhere to the Opaque White Craft Plastic snowflake to the front of the framed Acetate window.
- Use a strong liquid adhesive to adhere to the shrunken ‘joy’ sentiment to the front of the snowflake and allow the glue to set.
- Double up ¼” wide foam mounting tape (so that it is 2 layers thick) and use it to create a frame around the remaining 5” x 5” solid piece of Metallic Foil Board. (Leave the top layer of release paper attached so that glitter does not stick to it before you are ready to add the card front).
- Add chunky glitter and the Shrink Film snowflakes to the inside of the foam framed Metallic Foil Board square.
- Remove the release paper from the mounting tape and adhere to the card front.
- Attach the whole assembly to the front of the 5” x 5” card base.
- Color the second Opaque White Craft Plastic Film snowflake with alcohol markers as desired.
- Use white embossing powders to heat emboss a sentiment in the middle of the snowflake.
- Finally, adhere the colored snowflake with Artist-tac to the inside of your trifold card to tie the inside and the outside of your card together!