Project Description: Make a refillable Notepad with Grafix Dura-Bright Black, an adorable way to recycle copy paper.
Designed by: KC Eddy
- Grafix Dura-Bright Black Film
- TCW 6×6” Stencil – Lilacs
- Faber-Castell Metallic Markers
- 2 – 1” Binder Rings
- Copy paper – 8.5×11”
- Hole Punch
Steps to Make This:
- Start by cutting the Grafix Dura-Bright Black Film 9×12” sheet into quarters 4.5”x6”.
- Next, secure one piece of Dura-Bright Black Film to your work surface with a piece of tape in one corner.
- Place the Lilac stencil over the Dura-Bright Black Film so that the flowers are centered, then tape two corners of the stencil to keep it from slipping.
- Use Metallic Markers to color in the open sections of the stencil – “berry nice” for one flower, “ice ice blue” for the other flower, and “wanderlust” for the leaves.
- Let the ink dry for a few minutes before removing the stencil to minimize smudges.
- Use the silver “nothing else metals” and gold “heart of gold” markers to add highlights to the flowers and leaves.
- Punch two holes, 3” apart and ½” from the top of the decorated piece of Dura-Bright Black Film.
- Then decorate or leave blank the second black piece for the back of your notepad. (You’ll have two extra pieces of Dura-Bright Black Film cut, so you can make a notepad for a friend or save for another project).
- Punch two holes 3” apart, ½” from top of your copy paper cut down to 4.5”x 6”. Make as many pages as you like.
- Sandwich the copy paper between the two pieces of Dura-Bright Black Film, lining up the holes, and run a binder ring through the holes to secure.