Project Description: Resin jewelry is all the rage! Create a shadowbox ring with vintage maps and steampunk charms, and then encase it in magical, glossy resin.
Designed by: The O’Neil Sisters
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Computer Laser Film
- Magic-Glos UV Resin
- Square Bezel Ring Blank, 26mm
- Micro Gear or Locking Washer
- Chunky Glitter
- Old Map
- Darice Scrapbooking
- Micro-Scissors Packing
- Tape Beacon’s Premium
- Tacky Glue Toothpick
- Straight Pin
Steps to Make This:
- Cut a square from the map using the ring as a template. Laminate it with packing tape, then trim. Glue into the ring bezel using a toothpick and the glue.
- Trim a silhouette from the printed Laser Film and glue it on top of the map.
- Layer a micro gear or locking washer and a sequin into the ring and glue in place.
- Sprinkle about 12 pieces of glitter into the ring.
- Fill the inside of the ring bezel with resin covering all the goodies inside. Use a straight pin to pop any bubbles.
- Cure under a black light or outside in the sun in a level position for 15-20 minutes.