Project Description: Using a fun reverse painting technique to create a painted card with amazing shine using Grafix Clear Dura-Lar Film!
Designed by: Keren Baker
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Clear Dura-Lar Film
- PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic paint in Aquamarine, Cerulean, Eggplant, Lavender, Mermaid, and Wisteria
- Sugar Pea Designs Stamps – Everyday Sentiments
- Altenew Stamps – Incredible
- Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink
- Tsukineko Jet Black Stazon
- White Cardstock
- Patterned Paper in Green
- Die-Cut Machine
- White Gel Pen and Black Marker
- Foam Pads
Steps to Make This:
- Cut a cardstock base measuring 12cm x 18cm and adhere a slightly smaller layer of green paper.
- Then use the Grafix Clear Dura-Lar Film, stamp some flowers using the stamp set using Stazon and let the ink dry.
- Next use the darkest colors of paint add flicks out from the center on the opposite side to which you stamped on and let the ink dry.
- Use the next lightest color (whether purple or blue paint) to do the same outward flicks. Let paint completely dry.
- Using the lightest color of paint, go over the entire flower still on the reverse. When the paint is dry and you turn the flower over, you should see a flower with dimension from the paint.
- Trim out the flowers and stamp and trim out the centers too.
- Fold the statements upwards and glue them to the center of the flowers.
- Add the flowers to the base adding the purple one with foam pads.
- Stamp the sentiment using Archival Ink and add to the card using foam pads.
- Add black and white dots all around the flowers to complete the card.