Reversible Mixed Media Bookmarks
Project Description: Make your own mixed media bookmarks that can be reversible. This creative project is made with Grafix Opaque White and Clear Craft Plastic Film along with Double Tack Mounting Film.
Designed by: Mansi Makes
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Clear Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix Double Tack Mounting Film
- Alcohol Inks
- Gold Mixative
- Archival Ink
- Script Stamps
- Gold Pen
- Hole Puncher
- Craft Knife
- Gilding Flakes
Steps to Make This:
- Peel off the protective film from the Grafix Clear Craft Plastic Film.
- Cut this film in half. You will have a block of 6” x 12”.
- Apply drops of alcohol ink randomly on the film.
- You can swipe inks with a paper napkin or foam brush to create a background.
- After the ink has dried, apply drops of alcohol inks in different colors on the film.
- Next, add a drop of gold mixative in the middle of the colored drops on the film.
- Use a micro applicator to create swirls on the mediums.
- Keep going until the ink drops look like floral blooms.
- Use a gold pen to add background accents, if desired.
- Use a ruler and craft knife to trim off 2” sections of the film. Each section will be 2” x 6”.
- Next, cut three Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film strips the same size as the clear film.
- Use the script stamps and archival ink to stamp on the Opaque White Cast Plastic Film on both sides.
- Cut six strips of Grafix Double Tack Mounting Tape in 2” x 6” strips.
- Remove one side of the Double Tack Mounting Film and adhere it to one side of Clear Craft Plastic Film. (Make sure the side you painted on is not exposed).
- Next, peel off the 2nd protective layer and adhere to the Opaque White Plastic Film. (Repeat the process on the other side). The alcohol inks will be sealed between the layers of the film).
- You can cut a design to keep some of the Opaque White Plastic Film exposed.
- Adhere affirmations on the film with Double Tack Mounting Film.
- You can leave some sticky parts of the Double Tack Mounting Film exposed and apply gilding flakes.
- Round off the edges of the film with a pair of scissors.
- Punch a hole in the top center of the bookmark and thread a tassel through the bookmark.