Project Description: Be a creativity seeker and experiment with Computer Grafix and additional mediums to create an inspiring mixed media art journal.
Designed by: Cat Kerr
- Clear Computer Grafix Film
- Watercolor Disc Bound Journal 4 x 6
- Cat Kerr StencilGirl Stencils
- Gel Press Monoprinting Plate 6 x 6
- Watermark Ink
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Heat gun
- Marabu Art Spray Sunshine Yellow
- Marabu Art Spray Reseda
- Marabu Art Spray Flamingo
- Marabu Art Crayon Turquoise
- Tim Holtz Paper Dolls
- Paper Glue
- Acrylic Paint (Including black)
- My Seeker Art Foamies Foam Stamp
- My Albert Einstein Rubber Stamp
- Black ink pad
- Fine Tip Marker
- Printed Quotes
- Black and White Washi Tape
- Die Cutting Machine or you can just use a utility knife to cut the windows
Steps to Make This:
- On the notebook pages place the stencil down and add watermark ink through the stencil.
- Next, pour embossing powder over the image and remove the excess. Then heat the embossing powder with a heat gun. Continue this process on multiple pages with a variety of stencils.
- Add Art Spray to the Gel Press Plate then press the embossed page onto the plate picking up the color in random spots, repeat for multiple pages.
- Once the first color was dry add a second color and then a third. (The embossing powder acts a resist).
- You can also add color to blank pages without the embossing powder.
- Cut out a window in the pages that do not have the embossing powder. You can use a knife or die cutting machine.
- Print images on the Clear Computer Grafix then let dry.
- Once the film is dry cut out the image with a 1/4” extra diameter than the size of the window. Make sure to also, cut out a blank page of Clear Computer Grafix.
- Peel off the backing of the Clear Computer Grafix and place it on one side of the window.
- Next, remove the backing off the printed image and place it on the opposite side, adhere the two elements together.
- Add paint through a stencil to the pages with the window as well as adding black spatters and mark making.
- Print quotes that corresponding to the photos.
- Cut the quotes out and glue them on to the page and highlight with Art Crayon.
- On the embossed pages add a stamp with text and glue on a paper doll.
- Finish the page by adding a light layer of Art Crayon around the paper doll.
- The same technique was added to the cover but instead of cutting out one window add multiple windows with multiple images.
- Then add a little bit of dimension to the title and the page was done.
- Lastly, put the journal together by adding the discs.