Project Description: Use Grafix Inkjet Shrink Film to make fairy lights into “Lucky Garland” for St. Patrick’s Day.
Steps to Make This:
- Print the template on Grafix Clear Inkjet Shrink Film using an inkjet printer, following the instructions on the package. (The first page on the template is the front image and the second page is a mirror of the same shamrock on the back. You will need one of each of these designs per LED).
- Use scissors to cut out all the shamrocks.
- Follow the instructions on the package for shrinking the shamrocks:
• Lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
• Lay the shamrocks.
• Lay another piece of parchment paper on top to keep them from curling up too much.
• Test your oven with a scrap piece first.
• Baking at 350ºF for 3 minutes was what worked in my oven, but ovens vary.
• After removing them from the oven, some of the shamrocks may not be completely flat – use a spatula to flatten them as they cool.
- Create an “LED Sandwich” with the shrunken shamrocks:
• Make pairs of opposing shamrocks (one facing one way, and one facing the other way).
• Place a dab of hot glue on the back of one shamrock and position the LED in the dab.
• Place another dab of hot glue on top of the LED.
• Place the other shamrock on top.
- You have a light-up shamrock! The hot glue will diffuse the LED, so it’s a good time to test the light and see if you like it. You can always add more hot glue to enhance/even out the effect.
- Repeat for every LED.
- Hang your lucky Garland for all to see! It looks nice in the window at night.