Project Description: Create stunning earrings with Grafix Artist Series Shrink Film using designs created by Gina Lee Kim. These earrings are sure to stand out whether you wear them yourself or giving them as a gift!
Steps to Make This:
- Trace 2 terrariums on the Clear Shrink Film using a black marker. Make sure to enlarge the hoop at the top of the terrariums.
- Go over lines to darker and sharpen.
- Fill in the structure of terrariums using dark orange.
NOTE: Colors will darken as film shrinks; keep this in mind when selecting colors, lighter shades will work better.
- Cut out your terrariums close to the outlines.
- Make sure to punch holes in each hoop at the top of the terrariums before baking.
- Place the terrariums over the cacti designs to decide which ones you would like to use.
- Color in the selected cactus.
- Cut out close to the outlines.
- Bake the Shrink Film designs on the parchment lined sheet as per package directions.
NOTE: Be sure you use a good quality parchment that is smooth; some parchment papers have too much texture. This will result in the “glass” of the terrariums becoming matte rather than clear.
- Compare the size of the film before and after shrinking.
- Place a drop of fast finish on the front of each cactus; use a small paintbrush to quickly spread.
- Place the terrariums over each cactus and gently press down; set aside for glue to dry.
- Attach ear wires with jump rings.