Project Description: Looking for a fun back-to-school project to do with the kiddos? Make your own backpack charms using Grafix Artist Series Shrink Film!
Steps to Make This:
- Color your preferred charm designs.
- Cut out around the edges.
- Punch a hole in the top and bottom of charms that will be the top or middle of your backpack charm. Punch one hole in the top of the charm that will be the bottom of the stacked charms. If charm will not connect to others, simply punch one hole in the top of the colored shrink film design.
- Preheat oven to 350º and line the cookie sheet with parchment paper or brown paper bag.
- Place colored shrink film charms on a lined pan and put them in the oven for approximately one minute. The shrink film will curl and appear distorted until the shrinking process is complete.
- Remove from oven when backpack charms have shrunk and are flat. Use a metal spatula to press down on charms if they are not completely flat when removed from the oven. They should be 20% of the original shrink film size.
- Use needle-nose pliers to connect charms with jump rings with a lobster claw on top.
- Attach to the zipper pulls on your new backpack and favorite back-to-school supplies for fun personalization.