Project Description: Make your own 3D flower corsage (necklace or pin) with Grafix Metallic or Clear Shrink Film.
Designed by: Candie Cooper
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Metallic Shrink Film
- Grafix Clear Shrink Film
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine
- Sizzix “Thinlits” and “Framelits” Die in Flower Shapes
- Sizzix “Movers and Shapers” Dies (optional)
- Leather (optional)
- Small Cabochons or Beads for Center of Flowers
- Pin Back
- Heat Gun
- Metal Tongs
- Tweezers or Popsicle Sticks
- DAP “RapidFuse” All-purpose Adhesive
Steps to Make This:
- Place the Grafix Metallic or Clear Shrink Film into the die-cutting machine and use the Thinlits dies to cut out various concentric flower shapes.
- If you’d like to turn your design into a pendant, be sure to punch a hole now before shrinking.
- Line up the cabochon with a small flower cut-out (Note: that the flower should be about three times bigger than the cabochon). Use tweezers or a Popsicle stick to hold the cabochon in the center of the small flower on top of a piece of glass or another heat-resistant surface. Use the heat gun to heat the center of the flower shape, letting the Shrink Film curl up around the shape of the cabochon. Hold the flower petals in place while it cools. (Note: it’s ok to stop and start again in order to get the petals in place).
- Repeat the Shrink Film process from step 2 using the rest of the flower shapes, stacking the layers as you go.
- If necessary, use glue to attach some of the largest flowers to one another for extra security.
- Glue a pin back to the back of your flower stack. Or you can cut extra flower shapes out of leather and glue them in between shrink film layers to change the texture.