Project Description: Using Grafix Shrink Film, create a festive holiday garland with just a few materials in under one hour!
Designed by: Christy King
- Grafix Shrink Film
- Buttons or sequins
- Hot glue gun
- Sharpie pen
- Cardboard or chipboard
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
Steps to Make This:
- Draw the shape you want your garland decoration to be made of on a piece of cardboard or chipboard. Cut out the chipboard star and use it as a stencil. (This ex. is a 4” star. It shrank to 2.5”).
- With your star stencil and the sharpie pen, trace as many stars as you’d like onto Grafix Shrink Film.
- Cut out the stars, keeping the black line if you’d like it to show, or cutting it off if you prefer no line.
- Preheat the oven to 325⁰ F. Then place the stars on a baking sheet between two sheets of parchment paper in the oven.
- Bake for one minute, take the tray out and quickly press the stars flat with a spatula (you can press on top of the parchment paper, too). Bake for one more minute (two minutes total). Quickly press flat with the spatula again when you remove the tray from the oven.
- When the stars are cool, space them out along your string, and make sure you have one button or sequin per star.
- Add hot glue to the center of the star, press the string onto it, and press a button or sequin on top to secure it.