Project Description: Create a unique heart-shaped charm that can be used as a pendant, keyring, drink charm, ornament, tag, or a zip pull tab using Grafix Metallic Shrink Film.
Steps to Make This:
- Cut two rectangle shapes with one end rounded, one in silver and one gold, 4 ¼” (115mm) x 2 5/8” (70mm).
- Cut 7 equal, 3/8″(10mm) strips into the arch shape starting on the squared side towards the rounded side.
- Place one shape over the other at 90° and weave the strips together in an under and over pattern. (This can be a little fiddly, take care when handling the film to prevent it tearing).
- When finished weaving, place a drop of glue between strips at the pointy end and clip in place until secure. (The woven heart may be bowed, this can be expected. Trim any excess to neaten.)
- Punch a hole.
- Place the design on a baking tray between the non-stick linings cover with another tray. Note: the heart should not move too much during the shrinking but it will need some room to move or it will not shrink at all.
- Bake as to the instructions on the packaging.
- Depending on how you’d like to use the charm you can add a ribbon, chain, or attach to a zipper.