Project Description: With Grafix’s Metallic Shrink Film it’s easier than ever to create multiple steampunk inspired embellishments to decorate a card, make jewelry, and more!
Designed by: Sarah P. Wallace
- Grafix’s Metallic Gold and Silver Shrink Film
- Laser Cutter
- Corel Draw (A free version of this type of software is available from InkScape.)
Steps to Make This:
- Use either Corel Draw or InkScape program to select the design you’d like to make. Then add the designs to a word document.
- Make sure that the designs are enlarged as Shrink Film reduces its size to 20%.
- Depending on your laser cutter, you can stack several sheets of film to cut multiple designs. (For this project 5 sheets were stacked).
- Again, for this project, the laser was set at 50% power and 2500 Frequency to cut through all 5 layers of shrink film at a time, at 30% speed.
- Take the cut designs and place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper underneath it.
- Follow Grafix’s Shrinking Instructions on the back of the package to shrink.
- Now that your designs are shrunk you can add them to a card or create customize steampunk jewelry.