Project Description: Create a stenciled card with shine using paint, Grafix Clear Dura-Lar Film, and Monoprinting plates.
Designed by: Keren Baker
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Monoprint Plates
- Grafix Clear Dura-Lar Film
- PaperArtsy Chalk Acrylics in Cherry Red, Candy Floss, Tango, and Haystack
- Dies: Smile (My Favorite Things)
- Stamps: Simple Beauty (Altenew)
- PaperArtsy White Smoothy Card and Coral Cardstock
- Ink: Memento
- Nuvo Aqua flow Pens in Red, Pink, and Yellow
- Die-Cut Machine
- White Gel Pen
- Foam Pads
- Nuvo Craft drops in green and purple
- Sewing Machine and Thread
- Washi Tape
- Paper Towel
Steps to Make This:
- Cut Grafix Clear Dura-Lar Film and white cardstock to fit the front of your cardstock base.
- Place the Grafix Monoprint Plate (after removing the blueliner film) onto a craft mat and secure with washi tape.
- Add a few drops of red and pink paint to the plate. Using a brayer, cover the paint all over the plate, using strokes of the brayer in different directions.
- Run the brayer onto a spare piece of card to use later.
- Working quickly, lay your chosen stencil onto the painted surface, and using a paper towel, dab off the paint inside the gaps in the stencil.
- Remove the stencil carefully and place the piece of the film on top, using your hands to smooth the paint onto the film. Then remove the film and allow it to dry.
- Using the yellow and orange paint, repeat the process for adding paint and using the brayer. Place the piece of cardstock on top of the Grafix Monoprint Plate and smooth the cardstock. Peel off the cardstock and allow to dry.
- Attach the film onto the yellow/orange cardstock using your sewing machine and following the lines created by the stencil. Use different colored threads for the different lines.
- Stamp the flowers using grey ink and watercolor them. Trim out and add to the card using foam pads.
- Using the discarded piece of brayered cardstock, die-cut ‘smile’ from it and one from coral cardstock.
- Add to the card and add some craft drops to complete the project.