Project Description: Make a one-of-a-kind gift tag for loved ones using Grafix transparent Computer Grafix, Wet Media Dura-Lar and Clear Craft Plastic Film.
Designed by: Kay Molyneux
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix .020” Crystal Clear Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix .004” Wet Media Dura-Lar Film
- Grafix Clear Adhesive-Backed Computer Grafix Film
- Marlene Meijer-van Niekerk Large Flower Stamp
- Small Background Stamp on an Acrylic Block
- StazON Ink Pad- Black
- Craft Heating Tool
- H2O Mica Paints in Shades of One Color
- No 3 Soft Paint Brush
- Sharp Scissors
- InkJet Printer
- Hot Glue Tool
Steps to Make This:
- Start by stamping 3 of the large flower stamps with the black StazON ink onto the Grafix Wet Media Dura-Lar Film.
- Cut out the flowers out in three different ways: one as a whole image, another a little smaller, and the last image just the flower center.
- Use the craft heating tool to warm one of the cut out flowers and when pliable, shape to give a little dimension, hold until set (just a few seconds). Repeat for all 3 flowers.
- Then apply enough water to the H2O paints to mix to a thick creamy consistency and paint the back of each flower, the darkest shades at the center.
- Allow a few minutes for the paint to dry.
- Find a background image on the computer and print out on the Grafix Clear Adhesive-Backed Computer Grafix Film.
- Cut the Grafix Crystal Clear Craft Plastic Film into the shape of a tag and peel off the protective film from the front and back.
- Then stamp a few random images of the background stamp in black StazON ink.
- After the design has been printed and allowed a little time to dry, peel off the backing of the printed Clear Adhesive-Backed Computer Grafix Film and place directly over the stamped side of the tag.
- Press down well and trim off any excess.
- Print out a sentiment onto Clear Adhesive-Backed Computer Grafix Film, cut out and apply to the tag.
- Use the hot glue to attach the largest flower to the tag.
- Then attach the middle-sized flower directly on top of the first.
- Repeat with the smallest flower center.
- To finish, tie the ribbon in place.