How to Use Liquid Frisket as a Resist for Card
Project Description: Learn how to use Incredible White Mask Liquid Frisket from Grafix to make a mask for ink resist for the sentiment on a card.
Designed by: Tami Sanders
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Liquid Frisket
- Clearsnap ColorBox Dye Ink Spritzers: Pinkolicious, Mermaid, Lemon Drop
- Clearsnap ColorBox Pearl Rain Spray
- Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry
- Ivory, Black and Teal Cardstock
- Border Punch
- Paper Trimmer
- Self-Adhesive Pearls
- Paper Towels
Steps to Make This:
- Cut a 6 1/8 X 2 3/4 piece of ivory cardstock.
- Dip the provided Nib into Liquid Frisket then begin to write sentiment onto the front of ivory cardstock.
- Re-dip Nib as needed and work slowly, letting Liquid Frisket flow onto the page.
- Once sentiment has been added, add flowers in the corners.
- You can use Nib to mold flower petals by gently tugging at outer ends.
- Once the sentiment and flowers have been added, set the piece aside to dry.
- You will know when the Liquid Frisket is dry by looking to see that all portions have gone from opaque white to clear and shiny.
- Once the Liquid Frisket is completely dry, it is ready to act as a “resist” for the ink. Place ivory piece in Color Catcher.
- Starting at the left side, and begin spritzing using Pinkolicious Ink.
- Next, use Lemon Drop to fill center portion.
- Use Mermaid ink last to finish inking card.
- ColorBox Dye Ink Spritzers are very concentrated, so don’t over spray.
- Use a paper towel to gently dab at sentiment to remove ink that will puddle on it.
- Use the Liquid Frisket Remover to remove the Mask from the cardstock.
- Place piece back in Color Catcher and spritz lightly using Pearl Rain.
- The Pearl Rain adds a soft shimmer. Let the piece dry COMPLETELY before proceeding to next step.
- Your piece is now ready to adhere to the card front.
- Cut a 7 X 7 piece of teal cardstock and fold in half to make a card.
- Use a border punch, to punch edges of a piece of black cardstock to fit on the card front. Approximately 6 3/4 X 3 1/4.
- Adhere to the ivory cardstock to the black cardstock.
- Then adhere to the assembled piece to card front.
- Add pearls to flower centers to finish the card.