Project Description: The perfect pairing of Watercolor and Liquid Frisket makes for unique creations from cards to art journals.
Designed by: Janet Takahashi
- Grafix Incredible White Mask Liquid Frisket
- Grafix Liquid Frisket Remover
- Grafix The Incredible Nib
- Koi Watercolors – Pocket Field Sketch Box
- Koi Coloring Brush Pens
- Gelly Roll pens for embellishments
- Small 6-well palette (for liquid Frisket)
- Paintbrush with synthetic hair (for liquid Frisket)
- Paintbrushes, flat and pointed & Koi Water brush
- Bar soap (for cleaning brush used for resist)
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Masking tape
Steps to Make This:
- Start by taping a patterned area with masking tape onto your sheet.
- Then pour a small amount of Grafix Incredible White Mask Liquid Frisket into the small 6-well palette. (Note: While working with the Liquid Frisket keep the Frisket on the palette covered).
- Apply the Liquid Frisket to the desired areas using the Grafix The Incredible Nib.
- Let the Liquid Frisket dry.
- Then apply watercolor with the pointed brush in spots on the sheet.
- After the spots of color dry apply a wash of different colors over the sheet. Use a flat brush covering larger areas with added water in the palette.
- Once the paint dries, pour more paint into the watered down palette and flick color onto the sheet.
- Let the paint dry.
- Remove the Frisket by using the Grafix Liquid Frisket Remover.
- Intensify the color by adding additional color with the Koi Coloring Brush Pens.
- Embellish your design with the Gelly Roll pens.
- Finally, remove the masking tape to reveal your design.
Note: You can remove dried Frisket from the palette well with a wooden skewer.