Project Description: Create an out-of-this-world alcohol ink journal on Grafix Opaque Black Craft Plastic.
Designed by: Tania Ahmed
- Grafix Opaque Black Craft Plastic 4.5” x 4.5”
- Ranger Ink Alcohol Inks: Intrigue, Tranquil, Alchemy, Sailboat Blue, Splendor, and Snowcap
- Marabu Alcohol Ink: Rainbow
- 99% Rubbing Alcohol
- White Acrylic paint or ink
- Foam Tape
- Word Stickers
- Textured white cardstock 6” x 6”
Steps to Make This:
- In a small container, dilute a few drops of the following alcohol inks with rubbing alcohol: Sailboat Blue, Tranquil, and one drop of Snowcap and mix. Tip: Place the piece of Grafix Opaque Black Craft Plastic Film on a stiff surface to help move the alcohol ink. This way you will avoid touching the wet ink on the panel.
- Drizzle the solution diagonally across the piece of Opaque Black Craft Plastic Film and tilt it to spread the alcohol ink. Make sure to not cover everything and leave some of the Opaque Black Craft Plastic showing through. Tip: Work quickly before the ink dries to get the colors to blend.
- Add a few drops of Intrigue Alcohol Ink Pearl to one corner of the Opaque Black Craft Plastic and tilt to partially spread the ink.
- Drip Splendor and Alchemy Alcohol Pearl Inks on another corner and tilt the Opaque Black Craft Plastic to blend the colors.
- Add drops of Marabu Rainbow Alcohol Ink to another corner of the Opaque Black Craft Plastic and spread partially across by tilting it.
- Repeat the last step with Tranquil Alcohol Pearl Ink and let the Opaque Black Craft Plastic panel air dry completely.
- Make splatters with white acrylic ink or diluted white acrylic paint with a brush or an old toothbrush. Let the paint dry completely before proceeding to the next step.
- Mount the Opaque Black Craft Plastic panel on to a piece of 6” x 6” textured white cardstock with foam tape for dimension. Optional: Add a word or sentiment sticker to finish the panel.
- The finished panel can be added to a card blank or as a piece of artwork to a photo frame!