Black and White Tags with Opaque Craft Plastic
Project Description: Customize your own opaque black and white tags that can be used for gifts, bookmarks, or just a fun design element.
Designed by: Sara Ferret
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix .010” Opaque White Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix .010” Opaque Black Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix Artist-tac
- Neat and Tangled “Classic Tag 2 Dies”
- Carabelle Studio “Au Printemps” Die
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-cutting Machine
- Foam Paint by Mya Todostencil
- Mix Media Stencil “Mu Serisi” by Cadence
- Heating Tool
- Stazon Black Ink
- Stazon Pigment White Ink
- SDNart Vicky Trabas Stamp “My Gallinero”
- Ranger Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide Spray
- Golden Fluorescent Pink High Flow Acrylic
- Martha Stewart Couscous Satin Acrylic Craft Paint
- Posca Markers
- Tim Holtz Sentiment Tags
- Sari ribbon Sarisdesara
Steps to Make This:
- Start by using the Neat and Tangled “Classic Tag 2 Dies” with the Sizzix die-cut to create, 2 white and 2 black tags, with Grafix Opaque White and Black Craft Plastic Film.
- Using another sheet of the Craft Plastic Film to die-cut a flower of each color with the Carabelle Studio “Au Printemps” die.
- With the Mya Todostencil’s foam paint paste and a spatula, apply to the tags, with Cadence’s Mix Media Stencil “Mu Serisi”, and use a heating tool.
- Then stamp with “My Gallinero” Vicky Trabas SDNart stamp, on the two white tags using the Black Stazon Ink, and on the two black tags use the White Stazon Pigment Ink.
- Apply the Golden Fluorescent Pink High Flow Acrylic on the upper right corner of the four tags and spray the Ranger Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide on top, to allow the color to flow leaving a color trail pink, which goes down the tags randomly. Then let the ink dry.
- Using Martha Stewart’s Acrylic Paint Couscous and your fingers, make three dots at the bottom left of each of the tags. Then let the ink dry.
- With the Light Pink PC-1M Posca Marker, make circles around the dots.
- Then with the White PC-1M Posca Marker, scribble on the black label and vice versa.
- Using the Pink, White, Black, and Yellow Posca Markers, make several splashes on each of the tags.
- Adhere the four washers to the top of the label which was previously punched out with Grafix Artist-tac. Apply the black washers on the white tag and vice versa.
- You can also use this adhesive to stick the flowers on each tag.
- Under the flowers, you can add some string and a piece of fluorescent pink Sarisdesara and use the stapler to hold it all together.
- You can add a light pink Sarisdesara with a Tim Holtz sentiment label on the two tags that don’t have the flower and use the stapler to hook it.
- On top of the two tags, add white and different pink Sarisdesaras.