Project Description: Create vibrate custom cards with Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic and Ink Jet White Shrink Film.
Designed by: Kay Molyneux
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix Ink Jet White Shrink Film
- Grafix Artist-tac
- Large Butterfly Stamp (Indigo Blue) on an Acrylic Block
- A6 White Card Blanks-2
- White A6 Card Blank with a 1/8” Border
- Alcohol Inks (Copic re-inkers)
- Alcohol blending solution (Ranger)
- Felt pads with Blending Tool
- Ranger Alcohol Lift Pad
- Stamping Platform
- Glossy Accents (Ranger)
- Die Cut Sentiments
- Background Stamp
- Dye Ink Pads
Steps to Make This:
- Apply two colors of alcohol inks to the Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film with the felt pad, adding a little alcohol blending solution to lighten and blend then leave to dry, it doesn’t take long.
- Position the stamp onto the stamping platform, ink it up with Ranger Alcohol Lift pad and stamp into the inked sheet. Blot the plastic sheet with a kitchen towel, remove from the platform.
- Replace with a sheet of white card and stamp the butterfly image, remove this and replace with the Ink Jet White Shrink Film and stamp again. These additional stampings are using the ink lifted from the original stamping.
- To make up the card, edge the butterfly panel with black ink and adhere to the front of the card blank with Artist-tac and attach the die cut sentiment.
- Cut out the butterfly from the stamped Grafix Ink Jet White Shrink Film and shrink to instructions on the packing. Glue the design to the front of the card with Glossy Accents.
- Make up the second card, lightly stamp the background stamp with the dye ink pads around the butterfly on the white card and sponge the edge.
- Adhere to the other card blank with Grafix Artist-tac and add to the front of the card as shown.
Note: The same technique can be used with other stamp designs, in this example, a background stamp from Hero Arts and heart shapes cut from the Grafix Ink Jet White Shrink Film.