Project Description: Love card making? You’re going to love creating custom cards using Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film, White Inkjet Shrink Film, and Artist-tac!
Designed by: Kay Molyneux
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix White Inkjet Shrink Film
- Grafix Artist-tac
- White Card Blank
- Purple Card
- A flower and a leaf stamp of choice on acrylic blocks
- Ranger Red and Purple Alcohol inks with blending solution
- Ranger alcohol Lift-Ink Pad
- Felt Applicator Tool
- White Posca pens
- White Die Cut sentiment of choice
- Purple Ribbon
- Copy Paper
- Craft Heat Tool
Steps to Make This:
- Start by cutting the Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film to 51/4″ square sheet.
- Then cut a white card blank to a 56/8″ square.
- Cut the purple cards into 1″x 51/2” and sheets of 51/4″ square.
- Apply the red and purple ink to the Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic sheet with the felt applicator adding the blending solution if necessary.
- Ink the flower stamp with the alcohol lift-ink pad and then stamp onto the Opaque White Craft Plastic sheet.
- Then add stamp the flower design onto the Grafix White Inkjet Shrink Film and again onto a sheet of copy paper. (Make sure to clean the stamps between each color change.)
- Cut out the flower from the copy paper and use it to mask the flower image on the Opaque White Craft Plastic sheet.
- Ink the flower stamp with the alcohol lift-ink pad and stamp to one side and partially on the masked flower then stamp onto more copy paper.
- Repeat process but on the other side of the masked flower.
- Cut out the flowers from the copy paper and use to mask the other flower images on the Opaque White Craft Plastic sheet.
- Repeat the stamping process with the leaf stamp over the masked flowers.
- Blot any residue from the stamped images, and then use Posca pens to enhance the stamped lines.
- Mask the flowers and leaves then splatter a little paint from a Posca pen.
- Cut out the flower on the White Inkjet Shrink Film and punch out two holes.
- Follow the Shrink Film instructions on the back of the package to shrink the button.
- Put the card together by using Grafix Artist-tac to adhere to the Opaque White Craft Plastic sheet to the purple card and that to the card blank.
- Attach the die cut sentiment to the 1″x 5 ½” purple card panel.
- Then attach the purple card panel with die cut sentiment to the front of the card blank.
- Finish by adding ribbon to the shrunk button before it is glued next to the sentiment.