Project Description: Collect beautiful moments in your own art journal by using Grafix Mixed Media Journal.
Designed by: Riikka Kovasin
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Mixed Media Journal
- Grafix Double Tack Mounting Film
- Grafix Artist-tac
- Matte Computer Grafix Film
- Carabelle Studio Circles Galore by Birgit Koopsen
- Tsukineko Versa Mark Embossing Ink
- Sizzix Clear Embossing Powder
- Prima Marketing Art Philosophy Confetti Watercolor Set
- Ranger Ink Distress Ink Price Ribbon and Vintage Photo
- Prima Marketing Finnabair Bubbles Stencil
- Ranger Ink Archival Ink Vintage Photo and Black Soot
- Prima Marketing Art Basics Heavy Gesso White
- Posca PC-1M White Paint Marker
- AB Studio Dreamland Flowerful Life 12×12
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metallic Sticker Book
- Old Book Paper
- Old Music Notes
- Black Cardstock
- Heat Tool
- Watercolour Brush
- Inking Tool
- Decorative Scissors
Steps to Make This:
- Start by removing the Wet Media Dura-Lar page from the Grafix Mixed Media Journal.
- Cut a bit smaller piece from the Grafix Double Tack Mounting Film than your journal page.
- Adhere the mounting film to the back of the page by removing the protective coating.
- Next, collage some torn pieces of old book pages and music sheets to the back of the page. Remember you are working on the reverse side!
- Flip the page and trim the excess of the paper pieces.
- Ink your stamp with embossing ink, press the stamp to the journal page, and sprinkle clear embossing powder on top. When stamping, try to press directly down with the stamp to avoid smeared images.
- Melt the powder using a heat tool.
- Add some watercolors to your page by mixing a couple of colors for a varying look and let the colors pool in places
- Use a heat tool to dry the layer. Be careful not to melt the embossed patterns, though.
- Using an inking tool, add some dye inks to your page. Use the same color scheme you have with the watercolors. Add color on top of the clear embossing – the powder will resist the color and the pattern will become visible.
- Lay a stencil on top of the page and remove some of the colors from the page with a damp rag. Choose a stencil with relatively large openings to erase the color and create a pattern.
- Make some embellishments to be sprinkled to the background. Use the same stamp you used for the embossed resist pattern, but this time use it with colored ink. Stamp the embellishments on top of an old book page. Cut the elements loose and adhere to your background using Grafix Artist-tac.
- Create a background for the focal point by adding a piece of mounting film to a piece of Matte Computer Grafix Film. Add some white gesso splashes both to the film and to the background. Cut a decorative edge to the film piece with decorative scissors and adhere it to the background.
- Make the focal point by drawing a plant shape on top of a piece of black cardstock with a white paint marker.
- Cut the plant loose and adhere to the page using Grafix Artist-tac.
- Mount also a cut-out butterfly from a scrapbooking paper to the page using Artist-tac.
- Finish the page with text stickers. Cut the longer phrases into word-sized bits and adhere underneath one another to the corner.
- As the final detail, add a couple of staples near the focal point plant.