Project Description: United Art & Education creates their own version of a Lichtenstein Style Pop Art using Grafix Clear-Lay Film.
Designed by: United Art & Education
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Clear-Lay Film
- Roylco Pop Culture Paper
- Fine Point Black Sharpie
- Black Cardstock
- Glue Stick
- Portrait-Style Photographs
- White Paper
Steps to Make This:
- Print a portrait on 8.5 x 11″ white paper. Tape a piece of Grafix Clear-Lay Film to the top of the printed portrait. Trace the facial features with a black Sharpie.
- Photocopy the sheet of Clear-Lay Film to produce a black and white copy. Cut out the main features (hair, eyes, shirt, mouth, head, etc.) Depending on the arrangement, you may need 2 copies in order to cut out all the features.
- Trace each feature onto Roylco’s pop culture paper and cut it out. Using the original portrait and outline as a guide, glue the patterned paper onto black cardstock.
- Tape the Clear-Lay sheet to the black cardstock, lining up the features. Trace over the lines if needed to fill in spaces and darken the outlines.