Project Description: When life gives your lemons, make lemonade! Or in this case shrink them, with Grafix Shrink Film and make lemon charms! FREE Lemon template with the downloadable version.
Designed by: Rebecca Goodwin
- Grafix White Shrink Film
- Sharpie (or other permanent markers)
- Standard Hole Punch (optional)
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Mod Podge, Dimensional Glaze, or Spray Sealer
- Jewelry Hardware and Pliers (optional)
Steps to Make This:
- Place Grafix Shrink Film over the template and trace the design with a Sharpie marker. (It might be helpful to secure the film with a little piece of tape to keep it from shifting).
- Color and embellish the design. You may trace the cutting line, but it isn’t necessary. Leave a little space between images.
- Using craft scissors cut the images apart.
- If a hole is desired, it is important to punch a hole BEFORE shrinking the film. Don’t punch a hole if you would prefer to keep a solid shape.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet with a second piece of parchment paper over the top of the film pieces to help prevent curling.
- Bake the film according to package directions. (Some curling may still occur and that is completely normal. Just keep an eye on your pieces and watch for them to unfold and lay flat again).
- Now it’s time to remove them from the oven. Set them aside and let them cool completely before handling.
- Seal your artwork with your favorite dimensional gloss, Matte Gel, or spray sealer. Set aside to dry according to package directions.