Thanksgiving Table Decoration
Project Description: Make your own Faux Fall decorations with Grafix Clear-Lay Film.
Designed by: Karenliz Henderson
- Grafix Clear Clear-Lay Film
- Black Sharpie Fine Point
- Leaf Template
- Ranger Alcohol Inks – Red Pepper, Butterscotch, Sunshine Yellow, Sunset Orange
- Embossing Heat Tool
- Papier Mache Pumpkin
- White Acrylic Paint
- Flameless LED Waxed Votive
- Glass Candle Holder
- X-Acto Knife
- Faux Foliage
- E6000 Glue
- Hemp Twine
Steps to Make This:
- Place the Grafix Clear Clear-Lay Film on top of the leaf template and trace 4 copies of leaves with the black Sharpie. (The black Sharpie lines will disappear with the alcohol inks.)
- Then cut out the traced leaves.
- Add a few drops of the listed above alcohol inks to the leaves. Wait for the ink to dry then add a few more drops as desired.
- In a well-ventilated area after the inks have dried, take your embossing tool and heat the leaves. (The Clear-Lay Film softens so you can mold and shape your leaves.)
- Paint the Papier Mache pumpkin white and let dry.
- Measure the diameter of your candle holder and make a template to trace a hole on the pumpkin.
- Cut your template inside the lines. Better to be smaller than too large for the candle holder.
- Remove the stem of the pumpkin, if there is one.
- Trace the template on the pumpkin and use an X-Acto knife to cut out the hole, adjust the hole size if need be.
- Glue the candle holder in with E-6000 glue. (You can use any glue that will work with plastics and glass. Grafix has a Grafix Glue Reference Chart to help you choose your glue.)
- When the glue dries, wrap the twine around the candle holder.
- Use the E-60000 glue to hide any holes or accidental cuts in the pumpkin.
- Glue the foliage onto the pumpkin and add the Clear-Lay Film leaves on the pumpkin, then let dry.
- Add your candle and now you have a gorgeous decoration for your table!